May 28, 2015

You Have Got to Check Out This Book!

I read a series this weekend that blew me away! While looking through Amazon's deals I found Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain by Richard Roberts. I DEVOURED this book! I couldn't tear my eyes away from it and after I finished the first book, I immediately bought the second one and started reading it until late in the morning!


 Penelope Akk wants to be a superhero. She's got superhero parents. She's got the ultimate mad science power, filling her life with crazy gadgets even she doesn't understand. She has two super-powered best friends. In middle school, the line between good and evil looks clear. 

In real life, nothing is that clear. All it takes is one hero's sidekick picking a fight, and Penny and her friends are labeled supervillains. In the process, Penny learns a hard lesson about villainy: She's good at it. 

Criminal masterminds, heroes in power armor, bottles of dragon blood, alien war drones, shapeshifters and ghosts, no matter what the super powered world throws at her, Penny and her friends come out on top. They have to. If she can keep winning, maybe she can clear her name before her mom and dad find out.


While reading I couldn't believe this was a middle grade book- I loved it! And if my recommendation doesn't do it, what about the 4.34 rating on Goodreads ought to convince you! (to put that into perspective, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone has a 4.39) 

The best part of this? You can purchase the first book for only $0.99 today! So do yourself a favor! Go! Buy it! Love it! And if you do try it, come back here and leave a comment and tell me what you think! 

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound good! Thanks for sharing :D

    I just wanted to let you know that the Horror Reading Challenge second quarter update & giveaway has been posted! I hope you'll come by and say hi!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

Now Tell Me What You Think!