I'll be joining the Eclectic Reading Challenge again this year! I finished about half of it last year and I'm going to try again this year. :) The reading challenge is hosted over at Book'd Out. You can visit her page for the linky to sign up but the rules (from Book'd Out's post) are:
The aim of The Eclectic Reader 2013 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2013. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2013
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 21st 2013 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Translated fiction
- Historical mystery
- Romantic suspense
- Made into a movie- Perks of Being a Wallflower
- New Adult
- Urban Fantasy- City of Bones
- Dystopian- Partials by Dan Wells
- Action Adventure
- Published in 2013- Allegiant
If you need some ideas for what to read in the above categories I suggest you search Listopia at Goodreads for example click here for a list that includes New Adult titles
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post.
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
Please take the time to visit a few links and leave a comment!
If you tweet add #eclecticreader or @bookdoutAll participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2012 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2014.
I'll be deciding on the books for the challenge as I go. Some of these will be easy- I love dystopian books- but I don't know if I've read any translated books or historical mysteries. I can't wait to start!