September 19, 2013

My 101 in 1001

 For the first time I've made a 101 in 1001 list to keep up with! 
In case you haven't heard of 101 in 1001, it's a combination to-do list and bucket list. The time spans 1001 days- approximately 2.75 years and contains 101 tasks that must be completed before this date. It might seem easy to come up with 101 things you want to do- but I've been working on mine for weeks and I haven't finished the list!
I'll try to update this list as I go. 
Here are my 101 tasks in 1001 days I'd like to accomplish:
  1. Get engaged
  2. Graduate college
  3. Get my first real job- Worked seasonal at Hot Topic. Here's hoping for a professional job!
  4. See a Broadway play
  5. Go on a trip with Daryl (my boyfriend of 4 years)
  6. Go camping
  7. Go to a football game
  8. Go to the drive-in theater (there's one in NJ, not too far from where Daryl lives!)
  9. Go to an arcade
  10. Reread the Harry Potter series 5 times
  11. Reread the Hunger Games trilogy 3 times
  12. Reread the Divergent trilogy 3 times
  13. Complete 5 series: I finished the Newsflesh trilogy this month!
  14. Try 10 new recipes- 2/10
  15. Write a fanfic
  16. Make a scrapbook
  17. Finish an afghan
  18. Put $5 in savings for every goal completed
  19. Start saving for the wedding
  20. Cook dinner every night for 2 weeks
  21. Write 50 letters/notes/cards/postcards and send them
  22. Donate to locks of love again
  23. Have a picnic
  24. Throw Daryl a birthday party
  25. Drop at least 2 pants sizes and take a picture in my old pants
  26. Go skydiving (this is where the bucket list comes in!)
  27. Ride a ferris wheel
  28. Get a manicure or pedicure
  29. Run a 3 or 5k
  30. Get a tattoo
  31. Do at least 5 Random Acts of Kindness
  32. Donate at least 2 food items to a food pantry a month for a year
  33. Beat David at Magic (Daryl's brother is a beast at Magic the Gathering)
  34. Watch 10 zombie movies: 3/10
  35. Buy a song every month or week for a year- at the end of the year listen to a playlist of the songs
  36.  Spend a day in pajamas doing nothing important
  37. Take a drive only going straight or making left turns (or right. We'll pick one) and see where we end up
  38. Get a record player
  39. Take a class for fun
  40. Go to every class for a month
  41. Learn 10 phrases in a new language
  42. Bring Papa flowers (he passed away June 11, 2012)
  43. Stand barefoot in the snow (I know it's crazy)
  44. Get a new camera
  45. Give Daryl an anniversary present (I know tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary but I think I've only ever gotten him an anniversary present once)
  46. Make a bug-out bag
  47. Collect all my change until the end of the 1001 days- I've already failed this. I love paying with exact change and so I've spent all my change. 
  48.  Get professional photos of Daryl and me together
  49. Complete 3 Learning to Love Yourself assignments
  50. Read 5 books off 10 different Goodreads lists- 
  51. Meet Daryl's parents (we live 14 hours apart so I've never met them)
  52. Start a charm bracelet
  53. Come up with an exercise routine and stick to it for 2 months
  54. Get film for my polaroid camera and take pictures
  55. Have a snowball fight
  56. Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows
  57. Plant something in the spring
  58. Start looking at houses/apartments with Daryl
  59. Read the Bible all the way through
  60. Get my cartlidge on the other ear pierced
  61. Submit a story/poem/picture/etc. to somewhere
  62. Go trick-or-treating one last time
  63. Kiss in the rain
  64. Beat/reach a high level in a videogame
  65. Learn how to make an omelet
  66. Learn at least 10 ASL signs
  67. Go paintballing
  68. Go to the fair again
  69. Send a secret to postsecret
  70. Take a photo of the same place every month for a year
  71. Dye my hair- I went blue!
  72. Visit Chinatown
  73. Work on our wedding registry as a couple
  74. Go to a Con
  75. Open a fee-free bank account
  76. Go soda-free for a month
  77. Read 10 different zombie books- 5/10
  78. Buy 5 scratch off/lottery tickets- 3/10
  79. Spend a day with my friends before I move- We had an awesome night of hanging out before I moved to NJ
  80. Buy someone flowers
  81. Keep track of all the books I read for at least 3 months
  82. Keep up with the notebook I have my quotes and hardcopy list in - I've lost it already
  83. Start a quote blog
  84. Make all As a semester again
  85.  Update this blog consistently for 2 months at least (hopefully it'll help cement the habit and HOPEFULLY I'll keep internet access)
  86.  Cut my hair short- Got a super short pixie!
  87.  
  88.  
  89.  
  90.  
  91.  
  92.  
  93.  
  94.  
  95.  
  96.  
  97.  
  98.  
  99. Be alive at the end of this list (I've been depressed lately so this isn't as obvious as it seems)
  100. Congratulate myself on all the tasks I've completed
  101. Start another list

 I'll come back through and insert links where necessary but this is a small snapshot of what I want to achieve over the next 1001 days. My time runs out May 19, 2016. 
I think the 101 in 1001 is an amazing idea. I had to really think about what I wanted to do over the next 3 years (approx). I asked myself who I wanted to be at the end of the these 3 years. And this is the list I came up with. It's not finished yet and I don't know if I can complete everything on my list but I'm happy to have made it this far. 
What do you think of the 101 in 1001 idea? Do you have a list yourself? Are you tempted to make one? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Tell Me What You Think!