November 25, 2011

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving all! We had a full house and surprise at home this year. My grandma laid out a full spread on the table this year too. We had macaroni and cheese (the good homemade kind not the box), mashed potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, and then all the stuff they ate like the turkey, ham with pineapple, potato salad. For dessert we had banana pudding and homemade pecan pie! My aunt and sister made the pie with pecans that we picked as a family from a recipe in our Pioneer type cookbook. It was a good day and the surprise was my uncle came down to get my aunt and bring her back up to IL! They agreed to live apart for a while so they can both try to find jobs, him in IL and her here in SC. They've been apart for about 6 months and he just told her the night before Thanksgiving that he was coming down to get her. They ran into each other's arms when he got here and it was very sweet and jealousy inducing (LDR for 2 years now and I don't get to run into my person's arms. sad face.) But even with all the food and people it didn't feel like Thankgiving cause we didn't put the tree up! But last night my mom, sisters, and step-dad came over and we watched my grandma and sisters put the tree up and now it feels right. I have the Christmas spirit and I'm ready for shopping and presents and hot cocoa! This post has taken two days to write with everything going on but I still have a question for my readers?. When do you put the Christmas tree up? Is it Thanksgiving night or later in December? Drop me a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Tell Me What You Think!