February 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday!

It's that time again! I thought I would do something a little different today so there are going to be two books I'm currently reading on my teaser Tuesday and I'm taking my page numbers from the fact that I as of right now, have had 2,395 page views! Thank y'all SO much! :D
(If you don't know what teaser Tuesday is the image above should lead you to Should be Reading where you'll learn all about it. But basically, its a meme where you post 2 teaser sentences from a random page in a book!)


My first book I'm going to tease you with is an indie book I promised to review Soul and Shadow by Susan McLeod. This book has a 124 pages so I took the 95 from my page views and came up with this: 

"Then I practically ran into the main hallway. There were few people about at this hour to notice my strange behavior." 

"My mind could not process everything that had happened." 


This is shaping up to be a great mystery and I can't wait to find out what's happening here! (I'm a good 30 pages away from this page!) 


Sounds interesting no? :) The other teaser I have for you is from the book The Whipping Club by Deborah Henry. I'm super excited to be reading this book and my kindle version has locations not pages so I was able to go to location 2,395! 


" She carried the heavy plants up the short steps to their blue front door, the only bright colors used to ornament the outside of Irish homes." 


"Whoever made blue the national color of Ireland was colorblind. Ben out to write about that in the paper and wake the dead, she thought." 


I love books in Ireland and I do believe these teasers show you how beautiful her writing is! :) 


So these are my teasers! :) What do you think of them? What book are you currently reading? Leave me a comment below! :) 
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Great teasers for both of them! Thanks for stopping by my TT. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! They are really cool books so far! :) I love every follower here! :D

      Delete
  2. Neat idea on how to pick your teasers!

    Great teasers! Thanks for stopping by for my TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just super excited about that view count and my roommate wasn't here to pick a random number for me. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of either of these, so sad! I will be checking them out now for sure!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers should link to their Amazon pages! They are pretty good reads so far! :) Thanks for stopping by and even bigger thanks for the follow! I love my followers so much! :D

      Delete
  4. Great teases! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I wish there had been some more action going on on the Whipping Club page but a book needs some breather room or you're left breathless! :)

      Delete
  5. These sound like great stories, especially Soul and Shadow!

    Thanks for checking out my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun! Soul and Shadow is shaping up to be a great mystery! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome teasers! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. :) I've already finished reading Outlander and it was very good. A lot of historical stuff if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love history and I thought it was a great read! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, wonderful teasers! Seriously, now I'm real curious about both. They sound like really good reads and I hope they end up being as good as they sound judged by quotes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good so far- I'm really enjoying them and the summary of Whipping Club sounds amazing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed both of your teasers, but the one from The Whipping Club really caught my attention. Like you, I enjoy books set in Ireland (I'm a big Maeve Binchy fan), so that's probably why!
    Thank you for posting a comment on my blog today. I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Ireland, and Scotland, and Europe in general. :) The summary of Whipping Club sounds amazing and I can't wait to have time to finish it! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. They are both very interesting teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're interesting reads so far! :) Thanks for coming by Is It Amazing!

      Delete
  10. Great teasers! Thanks for stopping by Wandeca Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're good reads so far. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. I really like the cover for Soul and Shadow! Sounds intriguing all around. I've read some good books set in Ireland too, it's got a really mysterious atmosphere sometimes - especially the bogs! (I read mysteries and creepy stories for the most part, and sprinkle other stuff in :D )

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Sorry it took me so long to get back :D


    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are awesome teasers! Sounds like really good books! Hope you enjoyed them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Now Tell Me What You Think!