January 26, 2012

Wolf Camp Children's Book Review!

I got this book from Netgalley and I completely loved it! I've been so busy with school work lately that I haven't had a lot of time to read for fun but this is a young children's book that is 32 pages long that was completely delightful! 




Amazon's Description: 
In a delightful mix of intrigue and humor, a young girl named Maddie goes to a Wolf Camp and comes back with disturbing new habits—wolf-like habits. Kids will be fascinated with the idea of transformation into an animal, and parents will recognize the sense of change their children undergo at summer camp.

What I thought about it: 
This was a delightful picture book! It was written for children ages 4-8 years old and has some amazing pictures in it. I don't know how to describe the pictures because some are very descriptive but as you can see by the cover, the artist doesn't concern herself with making us people the characters are lifelike. I picked this out because of the great idea of a girl going off to summer camp and then returning different- wolf like different! I thought it was a really cute idea and the book does a good job of delivering on it. The Amazon page recommends reading this book to a child about to go off to summer camp but I believe a child would love reading this book no matter when because the drawings truly are beautiful and it is well-written. 

Wait until a child reaches the pages when Maddie is distracted by a grasshopper and chases after a squirrel! Those are my favorite pages in this book but I also love the last couple pages and I hope to see another book of Maddie back from Bear Camp! :D 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I was reading the review and I was interested in the book, but when I went to click the image, expecting it to go to the Amazon page, I discovered there was no link. Could there be links to the books in the reviews, if only for convenience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thank you SO much for leaving that comment and telling me I forgot to link it up! Usually I add a buy it here link but it completely slipped my mind this time! It should be linked now. Thank you for the comment telling me about that error and I'm sorry if it inconvenienced you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back please. Thank you very much!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so sounds like one my granddaughter would love. Amazing review!
    GFC- Lisa Richards

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Now Tell Me What You Think!