December 10, 2011

New to Knitting!

Yesterday I went to our pay per pound Goodwill and spent $1.50 for about 20 books. It's a great deal but you have to dig through giant bins of books all crowded together. Not that amazing. It does give you a feeling of a treasure hunter however! I found a lot of books for my future classroom, some books for me, and a couple books for my sister who is getting in the groove of reading. One of the books I picked up was about knitting! I started reading it and decided to invert two crochet hooks and see what I could do. And it worked! I mean, it was kinda bigger on one side because I was using a K and F hook and took me a while but I managed to KNIT a little 4X3 inch hank! I was so excited! Then today we went to a thrift store and I found a huge bundle of knitting needles and my gan talked the price down to $5. There were a lot of plastic needles and some metal needles all in different sizes. So I'm going to try to knit some now. It's harder for me because obviously there is no hook- which makes crochet so easy. One hook that can grab the yarn and pull it through to two needles that you have to use to somehow pull the rest through the yarn. But I can't wait to experiment some more and see what I can do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Tell Me What You Think!